Re: What is rawhide for?

John Poelstra said the following on 06/16/2008 07:16 AM Pacific Time:
Rawhide serves several purposes in Fedora and yet I don't think we clearly delineate what they are. It is often said in Fedoraland that the best way to test the Feodora is to "run rawhide." There is a difference between installing and running rawhide to experience the absolute latest and greatest Fedora has to offer and intentionally testing it. I just think we need to be clearer about our approach and use of rawhide for testing (specific QA) because sometimes it doesn't make sense.

Follow-up.  We had a great discussion at FUDCon which is documented here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnPoelstra/ImproveRawhideF10

John