Re: F8 -> F9 preupgrade

Chris Lumens wrote:
kernel /upgrade/vmlinuz preupgrade lang=hu_HU.UTF-8 keymap=hu stage2=hd:sda1:/upgrade/stage.img \
   method=http://ftp.crc.dk/fedora/linux/releases=9/Fedora/x86_64/os

You shouldn't even need a method= parameter here.  anaconda is smart
enough to know you're using preupgrade and will look in the right place.
So try removing it from your boot config and see what happens.

- Chris

Hum I think this line is there for a dependency check, as in package can be fetch from a mirror if it runs into trouble if not then it's a bug that the "method" entry is added if not needed..

I experienced one time while testing preupgrade that it needed and tried to fetch the package online ( there also seemed to be missing some sanity check on network connection before it tried to fetch the package in anaconda. it hanged for to long time before ui window which allowed me to set the network connection popped up).

Been awhile since I tested preupgrade so it might be fixed..

JB..

begin:vcard
fn:Johann B.  Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Dunhagi 5;;Taeknigardur;Reykavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801