Re: GDM Greeter

David Boles wrote:
Chris Ricker wrote:
On Tue, 6 May 2008, Alan Cox wrote:

Certainly it would be iffy in a public location in the EU as well and in
some environments would prevent deployment in that form.

I've always just used gdmsetup to fix it: Pick a style without face
browser

That's what everyone's complaining about -- gdm 2.22 shipping in F9 lacks the gdmsetup functionality of 2.20 and older releases...

Then everyone should read this:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewGdm?highlight=(gdm)|(greeter)

and this:

http://live.gnome.org/GDM/2.22/Configuration

and stop complaining.  ;-)

The link on fedoraproject.org that you gave states "gdmsetup got replaced by a yet-to-be-written new configuration tool"

Most of our suggestions/complaints will likely be addressed by that tool, but until it's actually written and delivered, we'll probably continue to complain... :)

Rainman