Re: NM still not bringing up eth0

Christopher A. Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-05-06 at 10:32 +0100, Derek Cramer wrote:
>> 2008/5/5 Neal Becker <ndbecker2@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>         On booting, nm is not bringing up my wired connection.  When I
>>         login,
>>         nm-applet is not starting.  I have to start it manually, then
>>         it brings up
>>         eth0.
>>
>>         nm-applet shows selection 'auto ethernet'.  Last time I
>>         manually
>>         selected 'wired connection', but it set itself back to
>>         'auto' (whatever
>>         that means - automatically not work maybe?)
>>
>> FWIW, I'm seeing exactly this as well. If I unplug the ethernet cable
>> and re-plug it in, NM will activate it, otherwise, it ignores the
>> ethernet and defaults to wireless.
>
> I'm seeing exactly the same behavior on my home system after a reboot.It
> does NOT happen if I only logoff and then log back on. This system
> doesn't have a wireless adapter, so when it happens I simply have no
> connectivity at all until selecting  "eth0 Auto".
>
> Hope that helps chase things down!

I noticed that when I boot @home, where I have wired + wireless, the wired
seems to connect when I login (need to check if it connects before I
login).

But @work, I have wired + some wireless that never worked.  When I login,
first it says 'connected to wired', but then indicates trying to connect to
the broken wireless, then finally connects to wired.

Wish NM would get it priorities straight!