What runs "Setting up disk encryption?"

How do I get all LVs to activate before activation of disk encryption?

I am mounting an encrypted filesystem in fstab that resides on a VG different from my un-encrypted root filesystem.

The root LV is initialized in the initrd, but the remaining are not initialized until after udev starts. This apparently leads to an initial failure, based on the msgs I am seeing, for "Starting disk encryption" preceeds "Setting up Logical Volume Management". After LVM is setup, "Starting Disk Encryption" is run again and I can enter the pass phrase and all is well.

Tho the problem is currently self healing, it seems that something is out of sync.