Re: F9beta update takes forever

John Summerfield wrote:
seth vidal wrote:

This particular bug was fixed by James Antill in yum upstream. It hasn't
made it to rawhide, yet.

Okay, I'll proceed as if this problem doesn't exist. By Sun (when I'm back) my kernel bug might be fixed and all will be well again.

The update that worked took 68 minutes. Compared with a new install it's pretty slow, and might not be too flash on a Pentium III (this is an Intel vPro system, new SATA disks.

The update that worked was helped by a preceding one that downloaded everything and then muttered something about dependency problems regarding some xine package and died.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait