Re: Fc9 won't start X

Andrew Farris wrote:
Jim wrote:
During booting in FC9-Preview, "X" won't start, it stops at the Shell login: and I login as user and "startx" and then it goes into X and Desktop.

Did you someone get booted into runlevel 3? If you try 'telinit 5' at the prompt what do you get? Try starting GDM manually with 'gdm &' and see what happens then.

How do I get bluetooth mouse to work USB bluetooth dongle is flashing, and led on mouse is flashing, but mouse won't move cursor

You probably need to configure that mouse, I assume its an evdev mouse (logitech or microsoft wireless)? My Apple MightyMouse 'just works' but I haven't tried plugging in my Logitech MX revolution yet (that one does work with evdev configuration, but maybe not without any xorg.conf editing, I dont' know yet).

"Did you someone get booted into runlevel 3? If you try 'telinit 5' at the prompt what do you get?"

Yes stuck in runlevel 3.
If I telinit 5 or kdm (Using KDE) I can go to the login window and on in to KDE Desktop, What isn't configured right ?

As for the Bluetooth mouse , it''s a Logitech V470 Cordless Laser,
How would i configure that ?
I did as SU a hidd --search and it connected and worked until I rebooted.

Thanks for your help
Jim