Re: Menu differences between F9 Beta 3 and F9 Pre Sound and Alacarte (Gnome)

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
One problem is that part of the menu tree is missing. (for example, how do I setup the default sound level) Currently F8, XP and another linux version (F7) are on the same pc and the sound setup is balanced. (no playing with the volume control).

In F9 Pre, the entry adminstration--> Sound setup is missing.

Yea, alacarte is not in the menus but is installed. That is for another email I suppose

Leslie

What is the command line for invoking the sound gnome entry? Is it the same setting as in F8  ?

gnome-sound-properties, should be all you need rather than system-config-soundcard unless you have special hardware problems that should be bugreported. As I understand, s-c-s may get deprecated soonish.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net
 gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29