GDM not displaying KDE

When I log out and back in I don't see an option for kde.  It only shows gnome.  What else must I install to test KDE4 on fc9?  I need access to smb via smb4k.  Also the graphical gnorpm tool isn't working:  Yum cache was invalid and has been rebuilt is all that it says.

[root@interesting ~]# yum repolist
repo id              repo name                                 status
fedora               Fedora 8.92 - x86_64                      enabled