Sudden Problems with various rawhide items?

After updating rawhide today, 20080411 version:

1) cannot get a gui app to start from a gnome terminal after su -. Specifying the display on those which take such a parm does not work either

2) Had to disable network service and let nw manager handle everything just to get to the internet, even tho during rhgb saw that eth0 obtained an ip address, confirmed with ifconfig. When I tried to use the network configuration applet, the desktop froze, had to go to tty2 and restart.

3) after fixing 2) during rhgb, noticed that CIFS file systems are not mounting when fstab processed, but they are mounted when I check after the desktop comes up.

4) restart/shutdown: unmounting cifs filesystems takes about 45 secs now when it used to take no time at all.

Anyone else, or have I borked my system somehow? I'll bz those which others are seeing also.