Re: Problem running OOo downloaded from openoffice.org

Joe Smith wrote:
Installing the OO.org 2.4 packages on F9 beta, I get this message when starting:

$ /opt/OOH680_m12/program/soffice
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": /opt/OOH680_m12/program/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/bug-buddy/libbreakpad.so.0)

OOo then starts and seems to run ok, but it will not run from a desktop launcher using that same command, I presume because bug-buddy can't be started.

I don't know what the Fedora policy is here: does it matter at this point whether a third-party package isn't starting cleanly? Nor do I understand the message well enough to decide who to report it to.

It seems that OOo uses it's own libstdc++ which is not compatible with gnomebreakpad, but I've not found a way to have gnomebreakpad look elsewhere for that library.

yum install libstdc++
The error is missing the libraries provided by that compatibility package, it may work fine when you've got it.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net
 gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29