Re: DPMS and gdm

Reid Rivenburgh wrote:

xset +dpms
xset dpms 15 30 45

(sleep 15; xset dpms force off)&

 If you don't add the force, does the specified timing work?

No, then it just doesn't ever go off.  That was after a quick test
where I waited about a minute.  I'll keep the "force" commented out
and let it go all night to verify that it doesn't turn off after
several hours.

Out of curiosity.. are those xset commands happening after the X server is started (for sure)? The 15s delay before your force may be hiding the fact that the X server is overriding your set values if the X server starts during those 15s and sets some other value to the settings.

Maybe you should drop a longer sleep in there before you do the settings, then force off.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net
 gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29