Re: Orphan nodes in an ext4 file system

Dave Jones wrote:
<snip>
Are you seeing these only the first time after an install completes?
There's an open anaconda bug where we fail to umount the installed
partition correctly. (which affects ext2,3 and 4).

If you're seeing it in other circumstances, did things cleanly shutdown
before the reboot ?

	Dave

I am seeing these randomly after what appears to be a clean shutdown, i.e., menu shutdown or restart. Not seeing them at all on test sequences where restart comes very soon after startup. They seem to appear only after a session where I use a lot of different programs for couple of hours. I frequently use thunderbird, firefox and some kde programs like konqueror, kwrite and k3b. I also use the cli to use system utilities from a gnome terminal like the various system-config- programs and basic system status checks. I have looked in the messages log but don't see anything that points to a bad shutdown.