Re: Exiting urxvt freezes system

Scott Robbins wrote:
Andrew suggested installing kernel-debuginfo.  Oddly enough, there
doesn't seem to be a kernel-debuginfo package available--doing a yum search for kernel and debug, I still couldn't find it. What am I missing?

yum --enablerepo=rawhide-debuginfo install kernel-debuginfo
or if you have yum-utils: debuginfo-install kernel

Running -F on /var/log/messages only showed the same information as
given above, that  kernel: X[2109] segfault message.

It doesn't surprise me that Andrew can't reproduce it, this laptop is
rather flakey.

I have no doubt something strange is going on, but maybe it can be fixed. You might also try running a full memtest86 memory check on the machine using the latest boot.iso in rawhide or a livecd snapshot.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net
 gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB  5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29