Re: Testers Hardware...

Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:05 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxx> wrote:
Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

I think it would be good to gather a little HW info on everybody's testing
gear in this thread.

There are numerous advantages for testers to know each others HW..

So I will start..

The gear I use for testing is..

Dell inspiron 6000. ( i686 )
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_b9b84fa4-4248-4c6d-8a4e-904f04246a13

And

Lenovo Thinkpad T61p 6457-CTO Penryn. ( x86_64 )
http://www.smolts.org/client/show/pub_1536ec85-61c8-49d4-aeaa-3852a20d5d29

Best regards.
                 Johann B.

 Just thought it would be a good idea for testers to know each others
hardware
 encase developer needed bug testing on specific hardware ( amd, intel,
i686, x86_bit, ppc,ati,nvidia etc..)

 Also if some testers came across a bug other tester could see if they could
duplicate it and so on..

 Apparently it was an lame idea, so let's just drop it.

 Best regards.
                   Johann B.

Not really a lame idea.  I came up with public profiles, just so that
we could do that.  I was actually happy to see you doing it.  I think
the best place though is to put it somewhere useful though, like in
your bug reports.

-Yaakov

I actually think it's better to get it here, let others tester test it on same or similar hardware or different. Testers can then duplicate/confirm it + most bugzappers if not all or on this list and it saves time if needinfo is needed ( more have tested )

We would deliver more of cold cut confirmed bugs to bugzilla and other tester would be informerd that this has been reported ( if it has been that is ) following by a bug number, this would deliver less bugs/duplicates in bugzilla hence minimizing the overall bug reports/footprint.

Now when F9 is around the corner developers might need triage of bugs to a certain tester with specific hardware then i think its good if they knew which tester possessed that certain hardware and developers only needed to contact wwoods or jds2001 or post to this list and a bug hunt meeting could be arrange between the testers and the developers.

Surfing through bugzilla to find the right people with the right hardware and or setup might take time...

Best regards
                  Johann B.