Re: install from rsync tree on local partition possible?

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 02 April 2008 12:41, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
Small attachments are really no problem.  Big ones do need to be put
elsewhere, but not everyone has this facility.
There are dozens of websites which allow uploading files even anonymously.

Maybe so, Rahul, but it seems to me that more bandwidth is wasted in those interminable threads where you have to page down 10 times to find the 2-line reply. And there are so many of them, on this and many other lists.

True but just because we already waste time on this doesn't mean that we need to do more of it. Besides my mailbox is pretty much full all the time and I would really hate having to download a large attachment I don't want.

Rahul