Re: kernel parm quiet

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:

Kernel messages?
Before RHGB starts?

These are not relevant to RHGB. If anything happens before RHGB even starts, users would see it anyway.
The subject says "quiet."

My test system's running Rawhide, and it was in the final stages of updating to my overnight refresh of my rawhide mirror as I read your email.

I added 'quiet rhgb' to the kernel parameters for the latest 2.4.25 kernel (which I expect to fail), and I did get the kernel messages, and the expected boot failure (though the actual messages were different from what I expected. Probably a new mkinitrd caused that).

I then booted the last kernel that does work, a 2.4.25 kernel, with "quiet rhgb" and there are absolutely no messages, and the system seems to be locked up.

Wanna come round and sort it out?

Slow boots?

This is unrelated to the ability to debug. If it happens, file a bug report.

Against what? The cause is likely a local problem.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait