Re: kernel parm quiet

On Mar 30, 2008, at 11:58 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
hello,
Does the kernel line parameter "quiet" have any effect in F9 beta? I have it on the grub.conf kernel line, but get all of the initial messages.

Quiet is always disabled for rawhide and test releases to enable easier debugging.

Also, does quiet affect display of shutdown messages? Not seeing any with upstart.

I see this too. Seems to be upstart quirk/bug. Can you file a bug report please?

Upstart has nothing to do with it - this happens in F8 as well.

-w