F9 Beta install improperly handles error condition

I have a scratched DVD. When I hit continue from the test dialog box I quickly got an Error dialog box which only had an OK button. Pressing this button retried the install which of course failed with the same dialog box. Removing the DVD didn't change anything.The only way out of this infinite loop was a hard reboot. There should be other recovery options.