Re: Why does fstab use partition UUIDs vice partition labels in F9 beta?

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
<snip>
But that's the problem - your labels might have been unique on your
systems but there's no way to guarantee they're globally unique.

Cheers,
Bryn.

<snip>

OK, tell me more...if, on my test system I set up several small boot partitions and label them with the distro I am testing and make sure each name is unique, where would a global conflict occur? Aren't the names used in context? If this were a mumps (M) system, I can see where you would have to be very careful, but, thank heavens, its linux.