Re: F9 Beta install will not update

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
Gerry Tool wrote:
I installed F9 Beta from the DVD.

Results of 'yum update':
[root@F9Beta yum.repos.d]# yum update

Setting up Update Process
No Packages marked for Update

The only repo enabled in /etc/yum.repos.d is fedora-rawhide.repo, and
it has the following lines:

#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/ mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide&arch=$basearch
enabled=1

At the suggestion of Chelban Vasile, I tried:
[root@F9Beta yum.repos.d]# GET
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=rawhide\&arch=$(uname
-i)|grep -v ^#|head -n 1

several times to change the mirror, which it did, but  the result of
'yum update' is always the same as above.

At the suggestion of Jon Stanley, I installed snake and executed
snake-tree -info for each of the URLs returned by the GET command,
always with the result

[root@F9Beta yum.repos.d]# snake-tree info
http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/fedora/linux/development/i386/os
No data source used
Not recognized as a valid tree:
http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/fedora/linux/development/i386/os

OK, I'm stumped and would like to get the many updates that I know are
somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Gerry

Unhash the baseurl line in fedora-rawhide.repo

Before changes
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/

after changes
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/$basearch/os/

Best regards
                Johann B.
This whole auto mirror selection is broken to da bone cuz...
Had to fetch my beta from France this morning 8MiB transfer rate not bad...
instead of using the server that RHnet has here in Iceland which by the way is
official Fedora mirror cause the beta still was not there or "accessible"..

Have had hit for a rule for about a year now not to use the Icelandic Mirror because it's
slow on update and releases...

Best regards
                    Johann B.

begin:vcard
fn:Johann B.  Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Dunhagi 5;;Taeknigardur;Reykavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801