Re: Yum is a memory pig to the tune of 3GB

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
The update on Friday was pretty large since all of the stuff that had
been held for the beta was released. I wasn't watching real closely
at the start, so maybe it had a slow startup as well, though once packages
were being updated it wasn't too bad (several seconds per package typically).

The cpu usage at that time was almost zero. iotop wasn't installed so I
didn't run that.

I keep an eye on things tomorrow when I apply the next set of updates.
Is there anything particularly useful you want me to capture?

That particular update had over 600 packages for me, it would be pretty reasonable to see a massive memory load for that I would think.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@xxxxxxxxx> www.lordmorgul.net