Re: psmouse.c resync failed -- locks system

After further testing of the following kernels:

kernel-2.6.23.15-137.fc8.x86_64.rpm
kernel-2.6.23.14-115.fc8.x86_64.rpm
kernel-2.6.23.14-107.fc8.x86_64.rpm
kernel-2.6.23.9-85.fc8.x86_64.rpm
kernel-2.6.23.8-63.fc8.x86_64.rpm

The problem does not exist on:
kernel-2.6.23.1-49.fc8.x86_64.rpm

Something changed between 1-49 and 8-63 which causes the system to freeze momentarily (even the Gnome System Monitor freezes), and then when the mouse is moved, the kernel spits out the error messages from psmouse.c. I now believe that the psmouse.c messages are a symptom that results after the freeze occurs. My initial testing shows if the system is not touched for 30 seconds, the freezing takes place.

Andrew Baumhauer