Migration F8 from older release

Hi all,

I've read at several places that upgrading Fedora 6 To F8 (even via temporaly an F7) is not recommended and I have to make a fresh install.

But it not possible in my mind. For exemple (I know several admin have the same problem), I have a mail server installed as a FC6. If I want to make a fresh install, I have to stop the mail server during several hours (install the OS, configure Postfix, spamassassin, .....) or days, it is not possible for my campany.

So, what is the less bad solution to upgrade my server ?

Thanks for your advices.

BR