Re: Repost of new bugzilla tool idea

On Mar 9, 2008, at 11:51 AM, John Summerfield wrote:

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:24:09 -0800 (PST), Arne Chr. Jorgensen wrote:

While I agree that bugzilla suffers from the size of the data and from the number of tickets, I think you have false expectations. Those tickets in bugzilla, that are not closed for years, are there because there is no
end of tickets, which are handled with a higher priority.

Speaking of which, I'm a little puzzled at "priority." I'd have thought that a breakage that has the potential to make a release (I'm thinking of a kernel bug I reported recently and have mentioned here, and which _might_ be a mkinitrd bug) would have a high priority.

We specifically ignore priority on bugs right now. Bug submitters can set the field however they like, and everyone thinks *their* bug is the most important. Until that field is locked so only the assignee and triagers can modify it, it's not useful.

If a bug is *actually* high-priority it'll get added to one of the bug trackers by the triage team.

-w