Re: cannot update to latest, how should I proceed to apply updates

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Andrew Farris wrote:

> > # yum shell --skip-broken
> > > update
> > > remove libsmbios-bin
> > > run
> >
> >  I did and it works. :-)
>
> Clever one.  The yum shell is nifty, though I have been gun shy
> about it.

i was just about to say, i've never tried that.  in addition, i'm in
no rush to update this f9alpha system so i'm prepared to wait for the
repos to become sane.  and, based on what i've read, all that's
necessary is for one of the new packages to officially obsolete
libsmbios-bin, correct?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.