Re: F9alpha AMD-64 HP DC7700 SFF switch_root: no filesystems

John Summerfield wrote:
Andr

If this fails you might have to go farther back, getting a 2.6.24 kernel to install, then when booted to that you may be able to install the 2.6.25 rc kernel (2.6.25 kernels had some issues with mkinitrd when done on a 2.6.25 kernel, I'm not sure if that is resolved).
At present I have these kernels installed:
[summer@localhost ~]$ rpm -q kernel
kernel-2.6.25-0.69.rc3.git1.fc9.x86_64
kernel-2.6.23.1-31.fc8.x86_64
kernel-2.6.25-0.73.rc3.git1.fc9.x86_64
[summer@localhost ~]$

only kernel-2.6.23.1-31.fc8.x86_64 boots, all later ones including your 65 fail in the same way.

Before you ask, kernel-2.6.25-0.78.rc3.git1.fc9 fails the same way.

A present the status of this system is it's become a Windows box. The only application that is of interest to me is virtualisation. The xen kernel doesn't boot (different reason), it simply fails then reboots before I can read anything useful.
KVM guests become unresponsive after a while;
. I cannot install even the most basic CentOS5 system before it stops.
. A Knoppix remastering script doesn't complete, the Debian system it's running on stops before it completes (takes around 80 minutes).

I think it likely some of my problems will resolve when I find a new kernel that boots.