gdm does not login any user, cycles back again and again

Dear all,

after applying today's updates, gdm refuses to login
any users.  Now it shows my regular user, but when I
click on it, I cannot enter my password and it cycles
back and forth.  I restarted and entered into level 3
to send this message.  Is anyone else also
experiencing the same trouble with gdm?

Thanks,

Antonio