Re: RPM problem

Izhar Firdaus wrote:
Alan wrote:
(I have yet to find out where the temperature
 > setting is at for this shutdown.  Hints would be much appreciated.)

If your processor supports scaling, you can also manipulate cpuspeed
to scale down when it reach certain temperature.

http://blog.kagesenshi.org/2008/01/howto-controlling-cpu-temperature-and.html

Thanks for the link. I'll need to investigate at which thresholds and percentage of cpu to select. It would be great if the applet could allow max cpu and temperature settings via a GUI.

Jim