Re: Rawhide report

Jon Stanley wrote:
On Feb 20, 2008 10:48 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would like to see the next release support the following.
Desktop: Compiz and all the nice eye candy.  Blackberry support.

Define "Blackberry support".  If you mean charging via USB,  I think
that you can do that today.
Server: Effective SPAM filtering including sender verification,
easy and intuitive to set up.   Blackberry Enterprise mail server.

There is no F/LOSS BES server.  It is a proprietary application that
runs on MS Windows.  Since it has to talk to RIM's servers using
unpublished API's (and be blessed by them to do so), it will be a cold
day in hell before a BES comes to Linux.

Maybe that's not what you mean, though.

You could take a look at Barry.
http://www.netdirect.ca/software/packages/barry/

Jeff Voskamp