Re: Intermittant software raid issues with rawhide, what componentto file against?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Nottingham" <notting@xxxxxxxxxx> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Clyde Kunkel" <clydekunkel7734@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: Intermittant software raid issues with rawhide, what componentto file against?

Bruno Wolff III (bruno@xxxxxxxx) said:
> Currently, I am having issues with a rawhide installation and software > raid
> since the raidsets are no longer started by sysinit, but are supposedly
> started by udev. I have to do a manual mdadm --assemble > /dev/mdX --scan to
> get some of the arrays going.

Does that mean udev is probably the correct component to file a bug in this
case?

The udev rules are designed (intentionally) to only assemble arrays that
are in the mdadm.conf file. Are these arrays listed there?

Bill

Ahhhhhh....the arrays in one of my test machine's mdadm.conf file are NOT all being assembled. Booting Fedora 8, to check the problem, they are all asembled--mdadm.conf files identical. Unfortuneately, the machine with the prob is not on a network for awhile. I could still open a BZ, but not sure what to put in it--udev not assembling all mdadm.conf arrays? I could copy the file to a floppy and sneaker net it.