Re: partition tip ?

--------------------

Now, let me see if I understood what Michal wrote:

1. a "master boot partition":
- would this simply be GRUB ?
- with entries like

 title LINUX 1st
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1
 title LINUX 2nd
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1
I use a master boot partition on the first hard drive.  In
the menu.lst file are entries similar to the above, but
that point to the boot partitions for the various versions.

The configfile command brings up the menu.  When you
install you have to tell it not to write the mbr.  You edit
the menu.lst on the first hard drive and add entries like these.
root is pointing to the /boot partition.  If you have a single
partition /, the configfile entry needs /boot added to the start.
Works flawlessly.

title Fedora 7 sata 1 boot 1
       root (hd2,0)
 configfile /grub/menu.lst