Re: partition tip ?

Arne Chr. Jorgensen said the following on 01/28/2008 05:19 PM Pacific Time:
hi,

What would be a smart way to partition a disk ?

I have Fedora core 6 installed, but would like to test F8 and have it as a separate partition However - I had used the entire disk, and I have not found any way to resize the partition. Have tried "resize2fs" - but it says "online resizing required". What does that mean ?

Is virtualization an option for you? Naturally you'll need extra disk space for each virtual machine and memory.

I've been running http://www.virtualbox.org/ for the last week and had great success. I had to tweak a few things to get bridged networking going which I can post on here if there is interest.

Before that I also gave virt-manager and VMWare Server a run though. Right now I'd say Virtualbox is the easiest to configure and use for testing a new release, though I'm sure there will be plenty of people who disagree and have had other experiences :) I am running these virtualization applications on top of Fedora 8 on x86_64

John