Re: Fedora 9 codename...

seth vidal wrote, On 01/28/2008 05:05 PM:
On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 22:02 +0000, José Matos wrote:
On Monday 28 January 2008 21:09:59 seth vidal wrote:
On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 23:05 +0200, Riku Seppälä wrote:
I just read from the Fedora weekly news that the codename for Fedora 9
is Sulphur.
Sulphur is "rikki" in Finnish. Rikki also means "broken" in Finnish. :)
Well it's not really that funny but just thought I'd mention it.
yah, we've been through this before, it seems to be linguistically
impossible to find any single word in any language which does not sound
like or translate to some sort of pejorative in some other language.

so we persevere :)
FWIW fedor (that sounds almost like fedora) in Portuguese means "really bad smell" so we don't even need to wait for release names. :-)

We've known that one for a long time. It may have even been you who
mentioned it. I gave up caring about various interpretations in all
languages a long time ago. Hell, if a name like "blows chunks with
gusto" happened for our F13 release, that'd be fine.

-sv

OK, Quick someone start setting up the voting booths for F13 codename, we already have a candidate. :)

--
Todd Denniston