Rawhide, Thinkpad and nipple mouse

I've been gradually moving my Thinkpad over from Fedora 8 to Rawhide
since yesterday, and after finishing updating everything this morning,
noticed that on logging out, the nipple mouse stopped working. The
three buttons associated with it are all inactive as well.

The Synaptic trackpad still works. This is most likely an X problem,
since the problem happened before I boot a new kernel. Has this
happened to anyone else? The lines dealing with <default pointer> in
the last two X log files look identical at first glance.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/