Re: Current Rawhide just a bit too raw

On 01/22/2008 10:09 AM, David Mack wrote:
In /etc/sysconfig/desktop, change DISPLAYMANAGER:

export DISPLAYMANAGER=XDM

You don't need gdm to run Gnome.
Did that. Ran "telinit 3" and then "telinit 5" to reset things, which cause XDM to come up as expected. Typed my username and password. It ran my old .xsession file from before I started using GNOME. Deleted the old .xsession file and logged out and typed my username and password again. Now the login window flashes as if it's trying to log me in and then comes back. Something's obviously failing, but ~/.xsession-errors is empty. So whatever XDM is trying to do to figure out what it should run when I log in, apparently isn't working. Had to switch back to GDM to be able to log in.