Re: Current Rawhide just a bit too raw

Additional comments below...

On 01/21/2008 09:14 PM, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
First time I tried to log in after the upgrade, login hung with a blank screen (well, not blank exactly, it had the same background that the login screen has). Ended up killing and restarting dbus-daemon, killing gdm-binary and logging in again, and it worked the second time. I was unable to reproduce this issue after upgrading again from Rawhide this evening and rebooting again.
It came back the second time I rebooted. Had to kill and restart message-daemon three times before I could get a login to complete successfully.
Using openchrome driver, attempts to watch a video with mplayer using xv resulted in a green screen and lots of CPU hosage. Had to use "-vo x11" to get mplayer to work. I believe xv was working before this morning's upgrade. After this evening's upgrade, xv seems to have started working again. Cool, but I don't see anything in this evening's upgrade which would explain that, so I can't help but suspect that the problem I had before I upgraded this evening hasn't really gone away but rather is simply intermittent.
Saw this problem again too.
After upgrading this evening, when rebooting the Avahi daemon reported a shutdown failure. Can't reproduce this by running "service avahi-daemon restart" without a reboot. Ditto and ditto for ConsoleKit.
I now suspect this is because the Avahi daemon and ConsoleKit both crashed when I restarted message-daemon. Not sure if that's reasonable behavior.

 jik