DRAFT Fedora 9 Installation Test Plan

Greetings folks,

I wanted to thank folks who joined the fun at our Friday hackfest session @ FUDCON. There were a lot of great ideas for how best to flesh out the test plan.

The test plan is under development at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestPlans/Fedora9Install [1]

You can find minutes from the discussion at [2]
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/f9InstallationTesting - Morning (discussion) * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/f9InstallationTestingA - Afternoon (snake hacking)

In the coming days/weeks I'll be looking to refine the test plan by adding test cases and following several recommendations noted at hackfest. If there is something you expected to see, or something doesn't make sense ... just shout.

If you are interested/irritated/intrigued, I am anxious for your feedback. You can find me on #fedora-qa.

Thanks,
James

[1] The current format for the test plan was suggested by Len Dimaggio (http://swqetesting.blogspot.com/2007/12/when-less-may-be-more-lighter-weight.html)

[2] Many thanks to Brock Organ for feverishly recording the buzz