Re: gcc-4.3.0-0.4 and building kernel src.rpm

gjohnson5 wrote:
2. gcc , and the kernel come from koji...  only reason I tried it was
testing , I don't necessarily need to use if you are implying that I should
not use the latest gcc from koji to compile Fedora kernel src.rpm
I seem to remember that the fedora builders used earlier known to be stable gcc's to build fedora packages. Using the latest gcc will ensure you get to trip on the issues ;) and need to keep bugzilla.redhat.com handy ?

What documentation is available for compiling kernels for Rawhide?  I will
definitely read it
try: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel

It might be useful to build a rawhide kernel with the F8 tools/compilers, to prove you have the build process down pat before stepping into the less charted territory.

DaveT.