Re: Why are the contents of rawhide different for amd-64 than for ia-32?

Andrew Farris wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
Andrew Farris wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
One has more packages than the other:
And the x86_64 tree is multilib, thus contains a lot of the i386
packages as well.
which I expect means that this should be larger, not smaller.

I feel happier knowing  it's just an accident.

Take care, merry Christmas,
Are you saying its *not* actually larger in your mirror, with almost
double the
number of rpms?

See my original post:

11:30 [mirror@mail ~]$ find /home/mirror/linux/fedora/rawhide/x86_64/os/
-type f -name \*.rpm | wc -l
5918
11:30 [mirror@mail ~]$ find /home/mirror/linux/fedora/rawhide/i386/os
-type f -name \*.rpm | wc -l
9026
11:30 [mirror@mail ~]$

Yeah I saw that, it shows there are more packages.  It just wasn't clear you
meant 'size' as in number of packages when saying something looked wrong because
it was larger, so nevermind its all probably how it should be.

The measure I was using was the measure I showed you:-)

Without looking, I would expect 64-bit packages to be bigger, in bytes, than 32-bit ones because I would expect new, longer address modes to cater for larger addresses.

But, i would expect every i386 package to have a 64-bit equivalent, and all the noarch packages to be common, so the number of files should be the same.

but then as the 64-bit repo contains a significant number of 32-bit packages. Having fewer packages in the 64-bit repo is not how it should be.

JK explained the build process failed, that is likely to explain it.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait