Re: Fedora Unity Re-Spin

Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
John Poelstra wrote:

What hoops?  It was easy :)

I am sure it was but public access is going to be the easiest. I am not sure limiting access is necessary here.

Rahul

Well our rule is "we do not release crap to the public." If we open the downloads of our Re-Spins with out testing perhaps one might suggest "Why test them at all?" As it is we have about 40 people signed up as testers, of those only 4 or 5 have ever given us any feedback.

If we drop testing all together and a Re-Spin is released with some glaring bugs it would be a black eye on Unity's Re-Spin project and also on Fedora in general IMO. It is bad enough when bugs slip through unreported in the official releases.

Other projects, Fedora included, have an open beta program. What makes you different?

Anyone who wants to run the latest Ubuntu can get it thusly:
rsync --times --partial --perms --copy-links --times --block-size=$((6*1024)) --stats rsync://cdimage.ubuntu.com/cdimage/kubuntu/daily/current/*i386*.iso

I'm sure it often doesn't install; getting it is really easy.

So is getting rawhide - my IAP mirrors it (just as well too, I say).

Getting Debian's bleeding edge is simple too.

What is so hard about saying, "This is likely crap. Take it or leave it?"

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait