Re: Latest updates broke my system

Antonio M wrote:
After latest updates (including Xserver, kernel, selinux policyof my
server, I set Selinux to enforced (immediately after updates) and I
couldn't log in graphically, I get the message the login was too
short, some errors in Xlof file saying that daemon hald (not sure
about it, maybe some bus, I am not sitting at the computer now....) is
not started

Hint: if running with rawhide it would be good to set yum.conf's keepcache=1
Then if you have problematic updates you can more easily re-install your previous versions, based on your symptons and best guesses, and /var/log/yum.logs

As you are probably aware with all open source software you get to keep both pieces why it breaks, and applies doubly to rawhide. Urgent is not a helpful subject when we are talking rawhide ;-)

Listing the packages that changed would probably help us to understand what went wrong...

DaveT.