Re: Really slow ssh connection

Mike Martin wrote:
On 10/12/2007, shrek-m@xxxxxx <shrek-m@xxxxxx> wrote:
Mike Martin schrieb:
I have two boxes linked via a netgear router and ssh is really slow
since updating to F8 final

Command line ssh takes about 3-4 minutes before giving password
prompt, and then everything is speedy.

nautilus just times out

any ideas

f8 ?

dns?
/etc/hosts?
cable?
ping

--
shrek-m

I connect via IP address so I would have thought that dns and
/etc/hosts should not come into it

The server looks up the IP address from which the client connects. If the authoritative DNS server can't be reached, it times out.

There can be several timeouts, but 3-4 minutes seems excessive.

As I said once connected everything is fast, its the initial
connection that is the problem

--

Cheers
John