Re: how raw is current rawhide?

Riku Seppälä wrote:
Hi,

Last time I used my (infamous HP) laptop I was running F8RC1, today I enabled the development repo and did yum update. Mouse stopped working, sound seems buggy and there is something wrong with X. Are there some big changes going on right now?

Riku

Synaptics is broken with the new version of X. I am running without any xorg.conf file and it works when booted in runlevel 3 from startx.

I am running on an HP Pavilion ze4300.

For references to X, this thread announces the warning.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-November/msg00211.html

Jim