Re: yum update f7-f8 success

Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 09:05:30AM -0500, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
On Thursday 15 November 2007, Niels Weber wrote:
If I want to update a machine running FC6, should I do an upgrade to
F7 first and then to F8 or directly from FC6 to F8?
I updated two boxes directly from FC6 to F8 without (too) much problems.

I run into one (minor) issue when doing that.  Namely both rpm
and yum "think" that netpbm and netpbm-progs as supplied by F8 are
"older" than equivalents from FC6.  One needs to replace them
later with 'rpm --oldpackage ....'.

Such packaging bugs should really be reported on bugzilla. We need to track and fix them.

Rahul