Re: artsd crash

On 11/09/2007 09:35 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
john wrote:

    Just installed Fedora 8 (x86-64) onto amd x2 6000 PC. When I login
to KDE the artsd daemon crashes. I've attached the error output. Anyone
know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Does it happen *every* time?  I still see it occasionally, most likely due
to using pulseaudio.  It should restart itself the next time it needs to
play a sound.

-- Rex

Doesn't happen every time, but my login to kde is very slow. Sometimes the mouse cursor seems to bounce for minutes. Other times when I try to logout using the K menu, nothing happens - I just stay logged in - can't even shutdown. I then go to tty1 console, login as root and do a shutdown.
Something very strange is going on. Other then these login/logout glitches, and the occasional artsd crash everything else seems to work fine.

John
=========