Re: *** GMX Spamverdacht *** Re: [F8] Boot fails on any second attemp, Network manager, general Java and WLan issues.

Fulko Hew schrieb:

On 10/29/07, *timohirt* <timohirt@xxxxxx <mailto:timohirt@xxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello,

    yesterday I installed Fedora 8 on my T61 and I like it. But there
    are a
    few bugs which are annoying to me.

    The worst thing is that I have to reboot Fedora twice anytime I'm
    rebooting because the screen stays black on the first reboot.
    Maybe because of the Nvidia drivers from livna. While I am writing
    this
    I test to boot up in init 3 to see when the boot up process breaks.

... snip ...

Yes, I was seeing this too about a week ago.
(and I have Intel video, not nVidia.)

It occurred at random, and my only (reliable) recourse was to
1/ boot in single user
2/ init 3
3/ init 5

(booting to init3, then going to init 5, was NOT good enough.)

Fortunately after a number of daily Rawhides later...
the problem seems to have gone away.

is your F8 up-to-date with the latest Rawhide?

Yes, I installes 7.92 yesterday and installed about 600 MB of updates. Today I updated to kernel 2.6.23.1-37 so its up to date. Booting in single user and switching to init 5 as you described works well.

The Xserver doesn't log any errors.