Re: [solved] Re: To a completed dvd rawhide downloader

David Timms wrote:
David Timms wrote:
I was wondering if someone could run iso-info on the downloaded dvd, and
email the results either to myself or in reply to this message, as follows:

iso-info -q -l -i /home/old/8/rawhide-dvd-20071024-i386.iso
rawhide-dvd-20071024-i386.iso-info.txt
{from libcdio} similar for ppc and _64 if you dl'ed that.
OK, thanks to Markku {x86_64} and Charlie {i386} for emailing me the iso-info dvd structure dumps. I don't have ppc so I'm not concerned about that unless a ppc user wants to use this method to speed up the iso download.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2007-June/msg00018.html

If anyone would like to try this bittorrent speed up method, let me know, and I'll place the needed isoinfo files easily accessible.

By the way this worked out OK. I got to 45% of the i386 dvd iso complete based on my pre-downloads of the mounted f8t3dvd and yum cache for development. It isn't as good as I expected. I think this is mainly due to the chunk size on the .torrent being 256kB {and lots of files being less than 256kB}. But still getting the iso in 5hr34 instead of closer to 10 hours on my ADSL2 service is a definite time saver. If the upstream was available as an rsync, that would have been maybe 85% pre-downloaded.

DaveT.