Re: artsmessage error popup

On 10/26/07, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Fulko Hew wrote:

> Yes it  is (I listed all the pulse rpms I had installed) in a previous
> email.
> so...  is having alsa-plugins-pulseaudio good, or bad?

Good if you're actually using pulseaudio, bad if not.  See my and Stan's
followup's in other threads...

Yes, I've started watching that thread too, but it all begs the question/comment:

"I'm a dumb user... how do I know if I'm using pulseaudio or not?...
when do I want pulseaudio versus alsa (alsa-plugins-pulseaudio)?

I just want my audio to work, and not get any error messages."

Actually I _am_ smarter than that ;-)
but not neccessarily that knowlegable in each audio sub-system
each audio app, both desktop infrastructures, and their relationships.  :-(