Re: ALSA 1.0.15 update test kernels available

David L schrieb:
I had expected that when I installed the new kernel, I would still have
the old ones in /boot, but they're gone.  How do I get the old kernel
back?  I tried to yum install kernel.i686, but it says the alsa one is
newer.

you have to "install" and not "update" with rpm or yum,
or you can enable "yum install only n"

# rpm -ivh http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/kernel-2.6.23.1-31.fc8.i686.rpm
# yum install kernel-2.6.23.1-31.fc8
both should work, not testet.

--------
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/installonlyn.conf
[main]
enabled=1
# this sets the number of package versions which are kept
#tokeep=2
tokeep=20
----/----

@seth vidal
yum does not keep 20 as in older versions, only 2 :(

--
shrek-m